interrupted boot 3 times now not powering - rp2470

SOLVED
Go to solution
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

interrupted boot 3 times now not powering - rp2470

hi guys
i think im in a small mess,
i was trying to interrupt my boot of HP-UX and i did it 3 times by powering off frm the button directly,
now whenever i power on my system,the Informational LEDs just light up and then go out.
and the power led on the front panel just blinks.. and nothing more. i can log into the GSP but does thats it..
do i need to wait for a while or something ?
i tried RS, says SPU power down
same thing for TC . I did a GSP reset too
then i even removed the power cable and left it out for 5 mins to no avail.
then i just let the Power blinking cursor on for 15 mins to see if it was ready then.. still no response..
pls advise ASAP
5 REPLIES 5
AwadheshPandey
Honored Contributor

Re: interrupted boot 3 times now not powering - rp2470

Pls press and hold the power switch for some seconds. untill it power ups. login to gsp and see the vfp.

Cheers,

Awadhesh
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

hi
dont worry abt it.. its ok now.. i just panicked too soon
i just pulled out the power cable and left it out for 20 mins..i came back and plugged in and staarted.. all fine..

thanx anyways..
victor

still wondering if this is normal behaviour though... any ideas?? will leave this thread open for a few more days for feeback... else consider the thread closed.
SteveB CR
Advisor
Solution

Victor,
Where you powered the system on and off by the power button on the corner of the system, you may have interrupted a hardware service for the GSP. Pretty flaky when you hard power off the system frequently in a short time period. As long as you left the power off of the system for a bit it should have cleared up the problem. It seems that the rp2400 servers and older A500/400 servers are the only ones that have this problem. I've run into it twice when changing out memory or disk drives, and like you panic hit me and I didn't know what to do, left the system unplugged and walked away to think, came back and it was fine. The second time I remembered to take a break and now when it happens I'll treat it like this is common practice for the hardware.

My outcome is that you should be all set, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Victor_101
Regular Advisor

experience counts i guess...
its happened to me twice more..
so its common practice for me too now..
thanks Steve
closing thread
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

like i said ..
its common and Steve's reply was good enuf for me... for now.