1753943 Members
9148 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

list of fault codes for K class boxes

paul courry
Honored Contributor

list of fault codes for K class boxes

Recently, the document containing the list of fault codes that we all rely on to diagnose hardware problems accidentally disappeared from the knowledge database.

While Dan Gazzaniga championed the process to restore the document and prevent it from hapenning again I am posting the document here to make sure we have a backup copy.

Key words: PAM39EF55E1 K-class troubleshooting guide PDC HPMC LPMC PDH PIM code trouble-shooting K class dead OFF FLT TEST INIT SHUT WARN RUN ALL System Panic
3 REPLIES 3
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: list of fault codes for K class boxes

Hi Paul:

Good show, my friend!

...JRF...
Soaham
Frequent Advisor

The K Class Document that you have posted is really great. But you know where i can find a similar document for N Class Servers, cause today our 8 way N crashed due to a processor failed and i could not decifer the Chassis Codes in the Tombstones and could not come up with an explanation.

Would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Incredible stuff..!!
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Sorry, the N-, L-, A-class and SuperDome have very complex structures to indicate failure codes and the tombstone file can be several Kbytes long, especially with lots of RAM and processors. You'll need to call your HP hardware support rep to decode the errors. Otehre than a couple of software corner cases all HPMC's indicate a hardware failure which will likely require a board replacement.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin