5900 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

memories error when boot

meekrob
Super Advisor

memories error when boot

hi all ,

i have a problem when booting the L3000.
when it arrives to the memories tests , it gives me this message and stop the boot .
note that my memories are good , because i test them on another server. can i say that this is a mother board problem?

this is the error,
ARLY BOOT VFP:SYSTEM ALERT
System Name:Uninitialized
Dat....

Alert LEVEL:10 = Boot Possible, Functionality lost

REASON FOR ALERT

SOURCE:7 = Memory
SOURCE DETAIL:1= Controller SOURCE ID:FF
PROBLEM DETAIL: 7=error fonction

LEDs: RUN Attention Fault Remote Powwer
Flash Flash off off on

LED state: Running non-os code. Non critical error detected

CHECK CHASSIS and console logs for error Messages 0x600000A771FF7034 24080000-type 12= Device status
0x580008A771FF034 000006807 03E1D19-type 11=timestamp 08/03/2004
A/a: ack read of this entry-Q/q: quit virtual front panel Display anything else redisplay the log entry

CHOICE:

7 REPLIES 7
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: memories error when boot

If you type an 'A' to acknowledge the entry, what happens? Does it keep booting? The message says boot is possible. It would be interesting to see if the machine continues to boot, and once it is up see how much RAM you have.
meekrob
Super Advisor

when i put A , it give me this message.

TIMEOUT! I
Platform Unspecified 6000
Processor Unspecified 1000

and stop the process of boot.
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

I couldn't find any reference to either of those error messages in HP's Knowledge Database.

It sounds like a hardware problem to me and my next call would be to HP support to have them dispatch a hardware CE to look at the problem.

Dave
I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Did you by any chance add some memory recently ?

Rita
njia_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi

We had a similar problem with rp3440. We were told that it was a known issue after calling HP and a frimware upgarde is requried to fix it.

Thanks
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If the memeory modules don't same refresh rate, Some old firmwares cannot recognize it. For L1000 I had similar problem, After upgrading firmware it's OK. Check the L3000 firmware history and fixes, whether there is fix.

TT
Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.
James Grice
Occasional Advisor

this is probably bad memory, if youve added memory lately, try reseating them, otherwise call HP to find out what simm is bad...