1753599 Members
6199 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: n4000 gsp update

malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

n4000 gsp update

Hi there, I have searched all previous threads but have been unable to find the answer to my problem. I am trying to upgrade the f/w on my gsp from a01.06 to a01.12, but when i log in to the gsp there is no "lc" command available. I have upgraded many L1000/2000 systems successfully by pressing reset on the gsp and resetting the passwords, which then gives me administrator access and the "lc" command. I have tried to issue a reset from the unix comand line but this still does not give administrator menus. Am I missing a trick somewhere, or is there a different way of getting the "lc" command on a N4000 gsp?
thanks in advance
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
16 REPLIES 16
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

Hi, if i remember correctly there is a gsp reset switch at the back on the core i/o board, on the right hand side. Press this and then get to the console quickly to confirm you want to reset the passwords.

Andy

malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for that Andy, I did that and did not get the option to reset the passwords at all, so where now
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

are you connected directly to the back of the system on a local serial console port?

I'm pretty sure you need to be to do the reset

Andy
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I am directly connected, press the reset button, the light comes on and no message appears on the screen. I then have to do a Ctrl+B to go back in and I am still in the operator screen
cheers
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

can you do gsp>dc

default config?

andy
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

Be on the console, connected to GSP when doing the manual GSP reset.

The password reset prompt is only displayed for 10 seconds or so, be there to catch it right away.
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scot thanks for that, but it just does not appear at all, I am stood in front of the screen as soon as I hit the button and nothing appears at all
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Andy, have finally got my machine connected and the "dc" command says "only in administrator mode" and that is what I cannot get to
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

Hmm, you should at least see some msgs displayed about the GSP reset.