New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp-3440 TPM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yoo, Jin-Seok
Occasional Contributor

rp-3440 TPM

hi..
I'm trying to suggest rp3440(PA-8800 2-way) to my client.
my client want exact tpmC, so i have been searching that figure. but I can't find it.

is there a man who konws that figrue??
pleaze mail to me..

thank you..

jsyoo@kdt.com
8 REPLIES 8
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor
Solution

Below are HP estimates:

rp3440 PA8800 2-way 800MHz: 49000
rp3440 PA8800 2-way 1GHz: 54000

Regards,
Zygmunt
Yoo, Jin-Seok
Occasional Contributor

thanks, Zygmunt..

do you have documents about that??

then, can you send me them??

thanks for your kindness..
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Go to tpc.org or spec.org to find out if HP officially ran these servers against industry standard test suites...
Hakuna Matata.
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

HP just did an Itanium rx2600 - 51,506 tpmC @ $1.80/tmpC US. So I would think that the rp3440 with only 2 CPUs would be have a little less CPU power and a slightly lower number. Of course if they really want the best performance and price performance, it would be with the Integrity servers. But the rp3440 can go to 4 cores, and today the rx2600 can only go to two, so the rp3440 likely has the edge if fully configured.
Mom 6
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

Hi,

any official documents regarding tpmC for rp3440 don't exist. I have only matrix with HP estimates for all HP servers.
If you want to know an estimates for different server, let me know.

Regards,
Zygmunt
Vishwanath Ravikumar
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Please let me know the estimates as I need them very urgently for the PA-RISC and also on the Itanium servers.

Looking forward to a positive reply
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

It is against the TPC rules to make public estimates for tpmC. You will only get them out of HP if you sign a Condidential Disclosure Agreement. The configuration never really match what someone would purchase, so don't take them too seriously even if you get them. They have their purpose, but you can't take them literally.
Mom 6
Sridhar Lanka

Hi Zygmunt,

Do you have estimate for RP 3440 (PA-8800 4 way).

Can you share us the estimates list you were referring to. It would be of great help to get an idea