New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp 7410

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

rp 7410

Hello,
I have an rp7410 with 750 procs 4 gig ram and 2 18 gig hard drives.I am trying to load 11.i from the dvd drive.When I do a search command it see's my 2 hard drives and my dvd drive.When I boot to my cdrom it starts to boot up then I get this error message.

error there were no disk devices found during the scan.could not find source device 1/0/0/3/1 in ioscan output.But in the search command it see's my cdrom as 1/0/0/3/1.2 does this make a difference?Even when I boot to my ignite server I get the same error.Any suggestions.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Jon
4 REPLIES 4
Iain Ashley
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Jon,
It sounds like you get as far as the ignite user interface. Do you get to the menu where it allows you to rescan the hardware? Are your disks internal? Are you using a version of 11i that is compatable with the RP7410? It requires March 02 with patches as an absolute minimum, but you should be able to install from there. What firmware version are you running?

Try reseating the disks. Is there an old OS on one of them? If so can you boot from there? Do you have another RP7410, anything different on that box?

Try that and let me know.

Cheers
Iain Ashley
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Hi,
After the error I can get to the menu,and rescan.It still does not show any hard drives.They are internal drives and they still show up when I do a search command.I also have tried different hard drives and it still does the same thing.I also have tried 2 different release's of 11.i.Any other thought's?

Thanks again for your time.

Jon
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Jon,

Have you tried to boot to the *specific* HW address. Don't even scan - at the BCH prompt type

bch> bo 1/0/0/3/1.2

and see what happens.

Does this 7410 have one or two MP cards?
The other possibility is that both the drives are in the *other* hard partition & you need to to connect to the other MP console to access them.

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Thank both of you for your response's .They have been a great help.My problem was both of my release's were not as new as I thought.This morning I tried a newer version and it work like a charm.Once again thank you both for your help

Jon