1753925 Members
8991 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp2450 self test

Igor Carvajal
Occasional Contributor

rp2450 self test

Hi, I have an rp2450 that is booting to linux properly, the only issue is that it won't show the initial self test.When i turn it on, the screen remains blank for around 40 sec, and then start showing the firmware version, processor speeds and memory available and the start booting. I want it to show the initial seft test.Is there anything disabled or something like that? any help?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Hiya Igor!!

How are you attached to the system? Through the lan console, or terminal directly?

thx

ron
Should have been an astronaut.
Igor Carvajal
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help.I have a laptop connected to the serial console using the COM port.I use Hyper Terminal to se theserver running. I also have a terminal 700/96 ,but get the same. I tried with another motherboard and I see the self test running but with this one I don't see it.I think it's a config problem somewhere. I tried changing the command Fastboot on and off but there is not diference.I don't know what else it could be.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Did you check the console path setting in the boot menu?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Igor Carvajal
Occasional Contributor

Well, I see on the hyperterminal all the boot process from the hard drive, so I assume that the console path is already set.Otherwise I couldn't see anything right? The other thing I can do is using the LAN console but I never used it before. If somebody can help me on that, maybe I can see the self test through the LAN console.Do I have to use a crossover cable or just a regular rj45 cable?
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Using the HP) terminal or your laptop on the serial console port, can you talk to the GSP by pressing CTRL-B? If not, you may need to reset the GSP. Once the GSP is responding, you should see the selftests. If not, you may have a defective GSP card.

Once the GSP serial connection is working, to use the LAN console, you must first use the serial console port to set the LAN IP address, subnet mask and gateway. Then a standard crossover cabl to your laptop will work. Note that your laptop will have to be configured to match the subnet you have hard coded for your PC LAN. If you use DHCP on your laptop, then configure the GSP LAN console to an available address on a subnet you can access with your PC and connect your PC to the subnet.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin