Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rp3410 and Electricity shock, Urgent

Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

rp3410 and Electricity shock, Urgent

Hello All,

My server had an electricity shock and do not respond any longer. Neither MP nor console does not work. At the time of turning on the server, I am hearing a kind of sound from server.

What should I do? Please advice.
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Re: rp3410 and Electricity shock, Urgent

Checking for you. Please backtrack the power cables from server to inside the facility for circuts and UPS. Any elecitrical shock should have been censored out by the UPS and tripped by the redundent power supplies on your server. All HP enterprise servers have more then one power supply pack for redundencey. Verify this and observe anything out of the ordinary. Compare between servers.

What is your server model.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
mits
Respected Contributor

Your system is RP3410. I would suggest you will access the link below and read through the "System Board LEDs" section at the page 30/141. It is the Maintenance Guide URL.
http://docs.hp.com/en/A7137-96002/A7137-96002.pdf

The page 27/141, Identifying and Diagnosing Hardware Problems also should help your troubleshooting. If you find any unusual indication, you can contact HP support center for a troubleshooting.
Dave Wherry
Esteemed Contributor

Not all HP servers have more than 1 power supply. The rp3410 comes standard with 1. A second may be added for redundancy.
Do you have a UPS? If not, it certainly did not help.
If you are not getting any power to the system you will not be able to read any codes on the LEDs.
The rp3410 is not that old. It may still be under warranty or, do you have a support agreement?
Call HP.