108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp4440

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

rp4440

I have an rp4440 that was working fine.When I powered it down and tried to power it back on ,it will not power on.I can get to the MP prompt and it tells me power pod 0 is missing/failed.I tried a different power supply and I get the same thing.On the leds on top of the machine the light is on missing componet.Has anyone seen this before?
Thanks
Jon
6 REPLIES 6
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor
Solution

Power POD is a separate CRU nothing to do with the power supply which is another CRU. Maybe you can try to reseat the POD 0 or if it's really failed, you need to replace it.
Sandy Chen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Hope this link helps
http://docs.hp.com/en/A9950-96011/ch05s02.html

I'm a bit rusty on hardware, but if I wasn't wrong, the Power POD is belongs to CPU and not the power supply

Regards,
Sandy
I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
Julian Hall
Occasional Advisor

There is a rare issue in which a missing power pod fru may be reported following a shutdown -h or a soft power down using the MP>CM PC off command.

If you have this issue, you may be able to temporarily get round it by cycling AC power, and the system will then run faultlessly until the next soft power down.

The solution is to install the System 04.28, BMC 04.06, iLO MP E.03.30, and U160 SCSI EFI Boot Services Driver 01.04.01.00 firmware bundle.

Julian Hall
Occasional Advisor

I just notice that this is reported on an rp4440. The issue that I referred to is an rx4640 issue. Saw document id emr_na-c01287163-1
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Same for the rp4440, because it is related to the BMC firmware, see

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=2512015&swItem=pf-55290-1&prodNameId=401769&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

But consider it has really failed - contact your HP support.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your help.The problem ended up being one of the cpus went bad.This gave me that error and would not let the machine power on.I replaced the cpu and everything works fine now.

Thanks
Jon