Did you mean: 

rp5470

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marius Pana_1
Regular Advisor

rp5470

Hi all,

I need some information about this older server. I have the service manual but unfortunately it does not go into any detail about BCH or any other commands that I can run.

What I would really like to know if there is a way to "tell" each processor that it has access to X amount of memory?

Many thanks,

//Marius
"The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it." --Linus Torvalds
5 REPLIES 5
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Re: rp5470

Hi Marius,

No - there's no way to do that directly.
Closest you can come is a SW product like WLM (Work Load Manager). But that works on processes or users - not CPUs.
As far as the system goes all memory is available to all CPUs.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Marius Pana_1
Regular Advisor

Many thanks Jeff!

I took a course a while back about the systems but since then I have not worked with them and I am bit rusty. Can you point me in the right direction towards some documentation? I am interested in the software available such as GSP, BCH, etc.

Thanks!
"The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it." --Linus Torvalds
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Marius,

You could take look at HP Process Resource Manager.

link to the trial version
http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B3835DATRY

GSP/BCH commands.
http://www.docs.hp.com/en/A5191-96018/index.html

Regards,
Robert-Jan
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

PRM will allow you to allocate memory to an different applications or users. Using p-sets could associate CPU(s) to a specific process, so it might be possible. Also, vPars does this with fixed memory ranges for each partition.
Mom 6
Marius Pana_1
Regular Advisor

Thank you all for your help!