HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1752535 Members
4881 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp7400 problems with A5856A RAID 4Si Card -- Please help.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brian Rich_1
Advisor

rp7400 problems with A5856A RAID 4Si Card -- Please help.

I am having problems with the system running HP-UX 11.i:

1) The Raid 4Si card is not recognized by the system. I've tried moving the card to other slots, adding/removing disks from it and more. Regardless of what I do, HP/UX (11i) refuses to recognize the card. ioscan shows an 'IOP' device in the slot, but does not identify it as a raid controller and 'irm' and 'irdiag' all return 'no cards found, exiting'. All the drivers are present and correctly installed in the kernel. One error entry made during the boot process regarding this is: "iop_poll_for_outbound_mfa: Reading outbound FIFO timed out". I have tried reseating the card in multiple slots. I also believe that I may be experiencing memory issues as the system continuously reboots after 3-4 hours regardless of any software running. Last night it rebooted 3 times.

Any thoughts or help on #1 would be very much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Brian,

ok now have a bit more time :-)

Could you check yor firmware of your rp7400.

the minimun revision is 41.36 in combination with the A5856A.

Robert-Jan

Brian Rich_1
Advisor

The firmware revision is 42.06. I also found that the card is working in the 33MHz slot but is causing all of the problems when present in the 66MHz slot. I believe this means it's a firmware issue so hopefully we are on the right path. Please let me know what you think.
Brian Rich_1
Advisor

I forgot to mention that the card firmware is 1.01.
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Could you check for this patch,

PHSS_27098

http://www4.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/patchDocDisplay.do?patchId=PHSS_27098

Regards,
Robert-Jan
Brian Rich_1
Advisor

I have loaded that patch onto the system, but I have not been able to change the slots of the card to see if it works in the 66MHz slot yet. Thanks for all of your help and I will let you know if it does not work.