108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp7410 GSP login

SOLVED
Go to solution
Usman
Advisor

rp7410 GSP login

Can anyone provide login and password of GSP mode for rp7410 servers and also how to revert to console mode.
3 REPLIES 3
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor
Solution

Default MP user and password
Admin
Admin
(both case sensitive)

co
(lets you select the partition for which you want console access)

Regards,
Bernhard
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

When I got mine new, it had no user or password. So it took a long time to hack my way in, with and . Embarassing.

To get to the GSP level, you do a while on the console port. Note that the console port is either the serial cable (the DB9 port on the 3-headed "W-cable" that says "console", oddly enough), or if you telnet in or browser in via the "management" LAN port.

Once you do the , you get the user/password prompt. I recall it being blank and blank, earlier posts have it as admin/admin, but it may have been set to that by somebody.

Once you are logged in, there are a lot of things you can do, or check, or set, all with two letter command codes. It is pretty easy to get around in it, and to get a list of commands ("he" for help, of course). Some parts are confusing, like, once you get into help, and get a list of commands, you can't run any commands... because you are in the 'help' screen. You must quit ("q"), then you can run the commands. But wait, now that list of commands is gone, what was it again? (repeat as necessary).

To get out of GSP mode, the command is 'co', as in "COnsole". Once you type 'co ', you are right back in Unix, or nowhere if Unix is not up and running.

One last thing, if you've logged in somewhere, via the console serial cable for instance, and you want to get into GSP via the web or telnet, you can attach, but you are in read-only mode. You can watch what somebody else is typing, but only one "keyboard" can be active at any time. To force yourself into the interactive "keyboard" role, which drops the other session to RO mode, you must do ^Ecf (must be capital E in the ctrl-E), immediately followed by the lower case letters cf (console, force?)

The default GSP port IP address on the most recent box I installed was 127.0.0.1. Stupid... that means I can't attach up with a laptop and cross-over cable to "match" the subnet, and get logged in via telnet. You can't use subnet 127... You have to connect up via serial console to get in and change the IP address via the 'lc' (lan cfg?) command.

If you have the documentation CD for the RP7410, find the User Guide PDF and search it for 'password' or something. I did that my first time with one of these, and the factory default user/password was there.

Hope it helps!! --bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)