108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

rp7410, MP Lan not responding, cannot display parstatus

SOLVED
Go to solution
makhs
Occasional Contributor

rp7410, MP Lan not responding, cannot display parstatus

Hi, the MP Lan on my rp7410 seems to have hanged . I have tried the pressing the reset button but the console does not respond. I have also tried connecting directly via the serial port but still get no output.

hp have advise me to get the card replaced.

My concern is that will replacing the card affect the partition configuration on this chasis? (I have 2 vpars and 1 npar).

I am also unable to get a parstatus output from my npar after this problem started.

Please help.
regards,
Mak
4 REPLIES 4
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Re: rp7410, MP Lan not responding, cannot display parstatus

I have almost same problem last five to six months ago my rp7420 system,

Problem:- I can not access in MP LAN mode in my system?

The system has configured two npar, as concern with HP local support I have replaced the MP card I did not face any problem in my existing configure. BTW, U should inform also Ur current problem (parstatus) Ur local support center, I think so they will be U step-by-step process.

Thanks--Yaqub
Sandy Chen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You don't have to worry about the nPar and the vPar. Changing MP card should not affect them.

Even if somehow it got affected, you can always rebuilt the nPar or vPar without affecting your data.

Regards,
Sandy
I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
Phil uk
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

If you indeed need to replace the MP then firstly, hopefully you have all of the IP,Subnet and Gateway details already so that you can configure the new one.

You'll need to shutdown the vPARs / nPARs etc on the server so that you can replace the MP - but DONT power off the machine. Complex profile info is held on the cells (as well as the MP) so you want the power to stay ON so that the complex profile info from the cells is available to the new MP.

Once the new MP is installed, MP>CM>RR the nPARS so that they DONT boot (got to BIB). Re-enter all of your IP info (MP>CM>LC) and then do a SYSREV to check that the firmware on the new MP is of the same "Bundle" as the rest of the machine.If not then flash the firmware to the appropriate level.
Check for firmware revs (Bundles) on BIZSUPPORT

Once all done XD>Reset the MP and boot it.

Cheers,
Phil
Sherif A. Louis
Valued Contributor

well in addition to what everyone said. you could also remove the NVRAM battery from the MP right before installing it. this should clear the NVRAM and thus prevent the system from over writing the complex profile from the MP to the cells. what it will actually do is copy the complex profile from the cells to the MP.