New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp7410 installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
balaji_19
Occasional Contributor

rp7410 installation

we had a rp7410 server which need to be installed
to my understanding cdrom get senced in cell1 only so i creates a genesis partition on cell 1
and got installed hp-ux 11i
how do i create another partition of cell0 and how do i install os on that and how to access cdrom from cell0
4 REPLIES 4
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi balaji,

You need to load any partition other than genesis via an Ignite server.

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Marc Morin_2
Advisor

Hello,

To create another partition with cell 0 you will need to use partition manager from partition 0 (cell 1).

Once this partition is created you can attach an external CDROM drive and install from your CDs or use an ignite server.

The internal DVD Drive is not accessible from Cell 0, unless of course you have both cells configured as one hard partition.

Marc
balaji_19
Occasional Contributor

pls help me to create one hard partition using both cells
Bill Colley
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hello,

After you created partition 0(which is cell 1), you use HPUX commands to create your second partition or to add cell 0 to your present partition 0.
The parcreate command is used to create the second partition. "parcreate -c0:base:y:ri"
The parmodify command is used to add a cell to the present partition. "parmodify -p0 -a1:base:y:ri"
After adding a cell to a partition always do a "shutdown -R" make sure you use a capital R to get the cell to join the partiton.
Use the man pages for more assistance on the commands.
If you are creating a second partition, you will need to add a cdrom or tape to that partition inorder to load the OS.
Hi, there