108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp7420 network console speed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jimmy Tom_2
Frequent Advisor

rp7420 network console speed

Can anyone tell me if is possible to change the console network port to 100MB? Is currently set to 10MB and I like to change it to 100MB. I heard that it might not be possible to change it. Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

The MP console lan port can be configured as 10 or 100mb.
this is done through the LC command in the MP (control b) screen.

The onboard system lan can be 10/100/1000

user guide on configuring the MP is here

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/hw.html#HP%209000%20rp7420%20Server

Andy
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Jimmy,

The recommended speed is 10mb. In fact, as of Revision 3 of the firmware, 10mb is the max setting. Here is the script from the patch:

* To prevent MP hangs the MP's LAN speed has been locked to 10BT (default = half duplex). There are no longer MP options to select Auto or 100BT. The net MP throughput will not dramatically decrease, but reliability is improved in high console traffic environments. After updating the firmware (MP A.06.012), if you experience problems accessing the MP via the MP LAN, ensure that both the MP and the switch/network which the MP is connected to are set to 10BT Half Duplex. If the customer's network infrastructure does not support 10BT contact the response center.

It has been suggested that all MPs be set to 10mb for stability.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck - Tim
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

OH, and here is the link to the patch.

http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/patchDocDisplay.do?patchId=PF_CRAIMED0300
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
Tony Scully_2
Valued Contributor

Tim is correct, we have just applied the version 3.0 firmware bundle to out 8420s and all the LAN consoles have been forced down to 10BaseT.
Tony
You CAN do that on HP