3970 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp7420 npar query

Adam Noble
Super Advisor

rp7420 npar query

Hello,

me again!! Anway can somebody help we have an rp7420 split into two partitions. Each has its own cell. The problem is cell0 has an OS and also has access to the CDROM. Cell1 (npar2) has no visibility of the CDROM so how the heck do I install the OS????

Anyone had this problem before????
7 REPLIES 7
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

In this case, it sounds like the only possibility is to make an Ignite server out of cell0 and Ignite cell1 over the network.

Pete

Pete
DCE
Honored Contributor

One other potentail option - if you have the scsi connection simply move the cd rom cable to the other cell
Adam Noble
Super Advisor

I actually swapped the root disk from one partition to the other and it failed which I find very strange. It seemed to be unable to mount the root volume. I did all the lvnboot stuff and also confirmed via the 1st partition that it was a valid mirror.
Yang Qin_1
Honored Contributor

You can also try to install cell0 first, then shut it down, swap disks between cell0 and cell1. When you are sure you can start cell1 with out problem, you can install OS on the new disks with cell0.

Or install cell0 first. shut it down. plug CDROM to cell1 install cell1.

Yang
John Guster
Trusted Contributor

reconnect CDROM to Cell1 which might require downtime depending on the enclousre.
Normally each partition regardless vpar or npar should have its own CDROM/DVD or DDS drive.
Cheers.
Coolmar
Esteemed Contributor

We have the same setup. You either have to moved the CDROM physically or setup an ignite server (the option we used). The ignite server will setup any vpars for you as well without hassle.
Adam Noble
Super Advisor

Cheers not sure if I have the option to reconect the CDROM, thought it was built in but will look tommorow. Can anyone explain why the disk from cell0 wont boot cell1 when I move it. Seems bizarre to me.