5519 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

rx2620

Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

rx2620

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them.I had a working machine with 1 cpu and 2 gig of memory.I installed a management card and then all I get is a red light on number 2.When I look this up it points me to firmware.I took out the management card and the machine will no longer boot up.Could the management card cause this.I can take the memory out of this unit and put it in another one and it works.What is wierd now I can take out the proc that was working in the machine before I put in the management card and put it in another one and it will not boot up.It gets the firmware error now.Can a bad management card do this?I want to check before I try this management card in another working machine.
Thank you
Jon
5 REPLIES 5
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

Re: rx2620

red light on number 2 means firmware fault. what is the firmware of the mp card?

the mp firmware can be obtained here :
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=441910&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=447331&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54

also you may want to check the system and bmc firmware.
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

The machine does not boot up to see the firmware.When I go to the mp I type in fw and it wants me to update the firmware but it does not show me what firmware I have.

Jon
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Jon you are right. The command "fw" starts the firmware update process. To get the version info, type "sysrev".
On very, very old versions, this command is not available. In this case, type "he li" and get the version from the top of the screen.

Can you get to EFI?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

hi, jon did you manage to run the MP>sysrev command? let us know how is it going on.
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your help.It was a bad cpu that was giving me this problem.The cpu was working but it went bad at the same time I installed the management card so I thought it was the card.I took the card and put it in another machine and everything worked fine.I moved the cpu and the problem followed the cpu.

Jon