3827 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: saving console log to a file on rp7410

Gordon  Morrison_1
Regular Advisor

Thanks to all,

Andrew: That's a possibility, I'll look into it. Would Reflections work (as opposed to Hyperterminal)?

Aidan: that looks very promising. I don't suppose you have a procedure for that?

Bob: Don't worry, I've only had 1.5 cups of coffee myself:o)

Mic: Unfortunately I don't have a budget, or I'd have RoboCentral or something. :o/
What does this button do?
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi gordon,

yes you could use reflections to connect to the server and capture the output.

we use putty, its free to download and you can copy/paste with this aswell but it works better over lan, so you would have to configure the gsp with an Ip if it isnt already.

Andy
Adisuria Wangsadinata_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Gordon,

You can use the serial cable connect to the console port from your notebook/PC ... use the hyperterminal/reflection1 ... after that you can grab the console log.

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,
Adisuria Wangsadinata
now working, next not working ... that's unix
Gordon  Morrison_1
Regular Advisor

Hi,
I've been a bit busy with other things and haven't had time to look into this. I'll have a go next week and let you know.
Gordon  Morrison_1
Regular Advisor

Well, I didn't get a chance to sort this out before leaving my previous job. I suspect that connecting my laptop to the server directly would have worked, if I could have got the 9-pin console cable to fit into the 15 holes in my laptop's serial connector! :o/ Likewise, connecting the GSP to the LAN would probably have worked if I had had time to get it organised.
Points awarded for effort and thanks anyway.
In my new job, I'll be focussed mainly on Sun (at least to start with), so I won't be around ITRC as much, but I'll still poke my nose in now and then.

Seeya!