5410 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: superdome basics

Rasheed Tamton
Honored Contributor

superdome basics

Hi,
We are about to get our first superdome (looks like we are too late!!). It is already here and HP is deploying it. I will have a small chatting session with HP for about an hour reg. its administration.

As I do not have much info reg. it (except a sales presentation two years back), what should be the basic questions I should ask the HP guys in order for me to start doing the administration. Please advise.

Thanks
Rasheed.
4 REPLIES 4
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

Hi rasheed,
Hi Rasheed,

There are a lot before you get in to an individual administration.

1.)You can go through the architecture.

2.)partitioning fundas ( If you are already o with nPAR and vPARs fare enough).

Else there are a lot of good documentation available on hp website.

I am not able to upload the docs via ITRC. Can help u by giving some links to that.

just go through the following.Will help you a lot.
http://www.docs.hp.com/hpux/hw/index.html#Superdome%20Server

Regards,
Syam
Zinky
Honored Contributor

SuperDome is E.A.S.Y!

Just familarize yourself with the commands on the MP/GSP level -- most commands should be self explanatory -- if you're a UNIX vet - then you should understand quickly.

Next, get hands on time to actually do several gyrations of blowing away all the NPartitions and starting from scratch -- ie. starting a Genesis Partition and creating the other partitions.

ANd finally, give yerself time and study/have the following document on hand while yer doing your hands on:

http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/5990-8170/5990-8170.html

Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
HGN
Honored Contributor

Rasheed Tamton
Honored Contributor

Too old - closing.

Rasheed Tamton.