108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: support plus media

SOLVED
Go to solution
martin_215
Frequent Advisor

support plus media

Is there a seperate support plus media for 700 and 800 series machines starting with HP-UX 11.00.00

to boot from support media at ISL i type in
700support or 800support
I was wondering if the media is the same or these are just different parameters to pick the right stuff from the media
4 REPLIES 4
Stf
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

No it's the same media for serie 800 and 700, on the disc it's written : for vizualize workstation and entreprise server...

Stf ;-)
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

I think you should take a look at TKB document A5183822.

http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000062948143

According to it, the 700support and 800support are not used on 11.0 as the support media is integrated into the install media.
martin_215
Frequent Advisor

when i install hpux 11.00.00 from the core OS cd if I select the package diagnostics or online diag package it promt to install support plus media later on in the install process

So there is infact a seperate support plus media right- different from core OS cd.
But the core OS CD can be used like support plus media for emergency boot.Is this correct

Also is offline diagnostics available only thru support plus media booting?
or is it available thru core OS media boot?

Stf
Esteemed Contributor

Yes it's right you can use core os cd to boot a recovery shell, but for diagnostics you have to boot on suuport plus media which is a different cd from core os...

Stf ;-)