1752294 Members
4567 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

syslog.log message:ERROR: Failure reading iCOD data from Dynamic Profile.ERROR:

stephen peng
Valued Contributor

syslog.log message:ERROR: Failure reading iCOD data from Dynamic Profile.ERROR:

it is an HP_UX11iv2 OS, and recently the following messages appear constantly in the syslog.log file:
Oct 14 22:46:32 cnasux03 syslog: icodd: ERROR: The following low-level error occ
urred:ERROR: Failure reading iCOD data from Dynamic Profile.ERROR: The following
low-level WBEM error occurred: Software error.

could any body present me some hints about these message? thanks a lot
5 REPLIES 5
Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

Re: syslog.log message:ERROR: Failure reading iCOD data from Dynamic Profile.ERROR:

Very wierd. My hint is... call HP support. The wierd ones is why they're there. The normal ones can generally be found on this forum.

Hopefully you have support.

--bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)
Manfred Ferstl
Occasional Contributor

Re: syslog.log message:ERROR: Failure reading iCOD data from Dynamic Profile.ERROR:

Do you have hard partitions on an rp{7,8}???

This messages occur, if the PHDC on one of the cellboards gets stuck.

I've heared, there will be a firmware upgrade to fix this, meanwhile you can go to the management processor into the command menu and use 'ru' to reset the cell board controllers.

Tim Sanko
Trusted Contributor

rp7420 can get this when things get very ill.

I saw this error before our most serious system outage when the PHDC failed...

Hope you have support and the stomach for an outage.

Tim
Duda_1
Frequent Advisor

I have the same problem, few weeks ago this messages has started to appear in my syslog. My server is a rx7620. Somebody know for sure, what is going on?
Kent Ostby
Honored Contributor

Are you using ICOD at all ?

This kind of error has been seen in the past and at times it is a bad cell board. It could also be box in need of a firmware upgrade.

I would open a case with HP support and ask them to check the firmware and if it is up to date, to troubleshoot the problem further.

"Well, actually, she is a rocket scientist" -- Steve Martin in "Roxanne"