cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the username and password of RX8620

vofsky
Frequent Advisor

the username and password of RX8620

Could anyone give me a hand?When I try to nPartition the partition manager says that I must enter username and password! I tried to key in the root and its password but failed,hope any advice!
7 REPLIES 7
Donny Jekels
Respected Contributor

Re: the username and password of RX8620

are you in the GSP prompt? the default is Admin, Admin.

"Vision, is the art of seeing the invisible"
vofsky
Frequent Advisor

No,I can access the mp using Admin but if I want to create a partition I should use partition manager So I must then get the correct accout and password to enter the manager.
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

Are you running hpux?

I've never used the rx series, but the rp8400,
which is similar, you create the first partition from the MP, then all subsequent must be done from HP-UX.

-Josh
What are the chances...
vofsky
Frequent Advisor

When you operate partition manger in keystone password and accout is not required.But rx box need username and password.Maybe this is a diff between rx and rp.
I can login into the MP mode, and I can create the partition 0 include cell 1,but I can not manage the partition under HPUX,because partition manger need username and password.I think it has a default username and password.
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

use the parmodify command to add/modify partitions. I beleive the parmgr command is only for superdome systems.

-Josh
What are the chances...
Ashwani Kashyap
Honored Contributor

On my rp8400 , when I run the partition manager locally , it doesn't ask for any passwords .

May be you are using IPMI or WEBEM to configure the partition . I am not sure but try Admin:Admin .

There is also a command called "SO" at the service processor menu where you can change the password . Ty doing that .
Joerg-Udo Werner
Frequent Advisor

As long as you configure and setup partitions on the local complex you don't need the user/password option of the parmodify command. These option are only for configure a remote complex.
There are two diffrent options to connect to the remote complex.
1. -u user:password which is a root login on the nPartition you like to configure. Connection to the nPartition (IP Adress of the npar required).
2. -g password which is the Admin password of the remote MP. Connection to the IPMI Interface of the MP (IP Adress of the remote MP required).

As long as you will modify or setup the local complex everything should work like onn 11i Version 1 (rp8400).

If you like to access the Paritionmanager with a WEB Interface you need to access the following link:
https://.:50000/parmgr
The login is the root login for that host.

Hope this helps!