cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to load rp34440 ignite onto rp4440

Edward J. Segura
Frequent Advisor

trying to load rp34440 ignite onto rp4440

Has anyone tried this. When I restore to rp4440 from rp3440, it loads all the way until the first boot and then crash dumps. Anyone reason why this might happen? Thx
5 REPLIES 5
goldboy
Trusted Contributor

Re: trying to load rp34440 ignite onto rp4440

had a chance to do it in the past, the only diffrence was i had to interact when the ignite tape ran on the rp4440, since there where a few diffrences such as disks bettwen the systems.
Also , the OS i used was HPUX version 11.i

Tal
"Life is what you make out of them!"
DCE
Honored Contributor

Edward,

When you did the ignite restore, did you do the interactive restore?

There is a clone to different hardware option on the basic tab under the addtional button that needs to be set to true
Edward J. Segura
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for this last response, I will try this and give my status of what happens. I had not seen this option before.
Edward J. Segura
Frequent Advisor

I am having trouble finding where the clone load option is. From where "install HPUX" I hit enter and from there I don't see the clone or any hardware option. This is from the Advanced ignite load correct, then under basic tab??
DCE
Honored Contributor

Correct - after you hit enter on the Install HPUX selection, a screen should come up with configuration paramenters on it. There are several tabs on the screen, with basic being one of them (it is the default, or first screen). It the lower right quadrant there is a button you can tab to labelled additional.. Hit enter on that button, and a submenu will appear. One of the selections in the submenu is clone to different hardware - set it equal to true