1752491 Members
5989 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

view system console

Jeff Hagstrom
Regular Advisor

view system console

Can I view what is display on the system console from my PC? HPK460/9000 hpux11.00
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: view system console

If you have a Secure Web Console installed, or if the machine has a LAN console installedd, then yes. You just connect via a browser for the Web console or via telnet for the LAN console.

If you don't have either of those, then no, you can't easily see console output.
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

Yes, but it's not trivial. See the man pages for console and init for more info.

mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later
Victor Fridyev
Honored Contributor

Hi,

As far as I remember, K460 does not have any network console emulation or grafic connection for console. There is a serial port, intended for a console. If you don't have an HP dumb terminal, you may connect a PC to the serial port and confgure Hyperterm or ProcommPlus connection to 9600 bits/sec.
HTH
Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity - RTFM
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you either need a webconsole or IP console switch capable of making serial connections or you use the modem port of the K460.
There is an additional method by using a modem connection:
When you attach a phoneline to the remote modem port, then you can use the access port of the server to connect to the console.

1.) turn the keyswitch in service position
2.) enter CTRL-B on the console
3.) "ur" to unlock the modem port
4.) "er" to enable remote access to the console (you can choose a password)
5.) with "co" you get back to the console

After that you can connect to the accessport by dialing in via the modem line. To take over the console, you have to send a break from your terminal application.

best regards

Stefan