Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is my "product" number ? - need to open h/w service call

Highlighted
John Kittel
Trusted Contributor

Re: what is my "product" number ? - need to open h/w service call

Thanks for that information Bill. If I could get away with just entering the computer product number it would be wonderful. I'll definitely do that next time.

But I must say the support call manager web i/f is rather confusing ( to me anyway) on severl such points. I can't get into the support call manager right now to verify this, it still isn't working, but in the past when I've been able to get away with telling it just my system handle on the main page, it takes me to another page where it provides a long list of product numbers for all the different components in my system, and allows or prompts me to select one of them. That was what led me to believe it wanted the specific part number. If it only wants the system number, it ought to say " enter the system product number", and it ought not to show a list of a bunch of part numbers that it doesn't want me to be choosing anyway.
Highlighted
John Kittel
Trusted Contributor

Re: what is my "product" number ? - need to open h/w service call

And, to everyone else who replied telling me how to get the system product number, thanks again. I now realize that the system product number is what I should have been asking for.

- John