BladeSystem - General
1753546 Members
5471 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cust Documentation: excel spreadsheet/template for FW levels in Blade-enc. exists...?

Nick W
Frequent Advisor

Cust Documentation: excel spreadsheet/template for FW levels in Blade-enc. exists...?

Hi,

needed: >> Cust Documentation: excel spreadsheet/template to document FW levels etc for all components within an enclosure - exists..?<<

Hope someone can help me out here with what I hope is a simple request - I am a newbie to Bladesystems & enclosures - so apologies if this post has already been answered before (I could not find any similar references)....

Many months ago I was browsing the HP intranet for information regarding Blades to try to get a good overview of the capabilities, particularly for HP-UX (on Integrity baldes). I happened to stumble upon a post where someone was sharing an Excel spreadsheet template they had developed for documenting the FW levels of the various components contained within the enclosure (including those of server blades).

The spreadsheet/template had been formatted to provide a logical picture of the entire enclosure (a topology map) - which made it easier to visualise the location of the components. I believe it may have been used to document the environment and  presented to the customer...?
 - it may even have had some way of auto-populating (some of) the data fields from the output of certain blades-admin commands (OA probably) - but I can't be sure. (would be a useful feature, though...)

As I was looking for other information at the time (my background is post-sales support for HP-UX on PA-Risc - Bladesystems, Blades & Proliants are new territory...), I did not capture the spreadsheet template - now many months later I wished I had....

- I have tried in vain to locate this information in many internal forums and other HP-Intranet sites - but to no avail...

Does anybody have a link to where such a spreadsheet template may exist - or be willing to share something of their own they may have developed, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

3 REPLIES 3
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cust Documentation: excel spreadsheet/template for FW levels in Blade-enc. exists...?

Have you looked on this site: It has a compatibility matrix on the bottom of the site.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/c-class.html

Nick W
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the link - a very useful site.

Rather than the actual FW levels - I was after the spreadsheet 'container' to notate the bladesystem contents, in a layout which reflects the internal connectivity of the various bladesystem components eg a section representing the enclosure - scanning across the document would reveal the subdivisions representing the subsystems (eg bladeserver) and within that, further subdivisions (eg FC, LAN etc...) - the various interconnections being represented logically. The end-result being a 'top-level view' of the layout of the enclosure.

I could spend a deal of time trying to re-invent this document - but I was hoping that somebody could point me towards an existing excel spreadsheet template which I could re-use....

Dennis Robinson_2

I'm looking for a similar spreadsheet.   Something that's going to allow us to keep an inventory in bladed servers and account for virtual connect.

I was wondering if you found anything.