BladeSystem - General
1752550 Members
4991 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event Name: Serial Number on your replaced enclosure midplane should have been reprogrammed

Adrian Graham_1
Regular Advisor

Event Name: Serial Number on your replaced enclosure midplane should have been reprogrammed

Folks,

SIM is giving me the above event every so often  and I'm puzzled, not just because the C7000 it's complaining about has never had its midplane replaced. If I CLI onto the active OA and do 'show enclosure info' it shows me the correct serial number, and resetting it doesn't seem to help.  Both OA's are on the latest firmware.

Anyone seen this before?

Cheers

Adrian

9 REPLIES 9
Joaragon
Advisor

Re: Event Name: Serial Number on your replaced enclosure midplane should have been reprogrammed

Can you describe "resseting" a little better?

Adrian Graham_1
Regular Advisor

Yep, SET ENCLOSURE SERIAL_NUMBER as laid out in the documentation. There's nothing else I can see that I can do.

A

Joaragon
Advisor

Ok, that's the correct procedure, check that Part Number is set for this enclosure? attaching a show all would also be helpful. What SIM are we talking about? Have hotfixes been installed?

Adrian Graham_1
Regular Advisor

Hi,

We definitely have a part number in there:

Enclosure Information:
        Enclosure Name: C7000Cen
        Enclosure Type: BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure
        Part Number: 412152-B21
        Serial Number: 1Z34AB7890
        UUID: 091Z34AB7890
        Asset Tag:
        Midplane Spare Part Number: 414050-001
        Solutions ID: 0000000000000000
        Power Distribution Unit:
                PDU Type: [Unknown]
                PDU Spare Part Number:
        Onboard Administrator Tray Information:
                Type: HP BladeSystem c7000 Onboard Administrator Tray
                Spare Part Number: 416000-001
                Serial Number: OI77MU3999

but no, I doubt any hotfixes have been applied. I've also just noticed the PDU info is blank there whereas on the other enclosure in that room it's not blank. I've set the PDU_TYPE to 1 so we'll see what happens.

Thanks

Joaragon
Advisor

Perfect, did the PDU type help?

Adrian Graham_1
Regular Advisor

Hi Joaragon,

No, I'm still getting the emails. I'll look at hotfixes today hopefully. There's now no difference between the enclosures in that room.

Thanks

Joaragon
Advisor

If possible after applying the hotfixes, try to delete and rediscover the enclosure, sometimes this helps because even if the issue persists a wrong value resides within the database.

Adrian Graham_1
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I've added the hotfixes and deleted the enclosure. For some reason it's come back with exactly the same name it had before, which has the serial number in it. The other enclosure in that room doesn't which is odd.

I'll see if I get the usual emails overnight!

A
Adrian Graham_1
Regular Advisor

I'm back on this, only taken me a month :)

We're still getting the events logged so I've just deleted the enclosure and rediscovered it. It still comes back as C7000Cen_1Z34AB7890 even though that name is not defined anywhere that I can see.  Surely once it's deleted from the database it's actually deleted? Is there a cache somewhere?

I've been all over the TCP/IP settings, DNS settings etc and everywhere APART from SIM it's simply called C7000CEN.

Anyone?

Cheers

Adrian