4016 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issue Using HPILO Powershell CMDLets

Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Issue Using HPILO Powershell CMDLets

Hi,

I am using the HPILO Cmdlets on a list o iLO's that I got from the Find-HPILO cmdlets.  However, as the script loops through it will process a series of 9 Get-HPiLO CmdLets successfully in a single C7000 enclosure.  But between the 3rd to 5th iLO the CmdLets start erroring out saying they are "unable to connect to the remote server"  The error reads as follows:

$iLOnet = Get-HPiLONetworkSetting -DisableCertificateAuthentication -Password $Password -Server $iLOs[$i].IP -Username $UserName
Get-ErrorDetail : Error - 192.168.0.67 - server.fqdn - Retrieving information from iLO.
Exception calling "UploadString" with "3" argument(s): "Unable to connect to the remote server"
At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:16523 char:25
+                         throw $retobject.err
+                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    +CategoryInfo          :OperationStopped: (Exception calli...remote server"
:String) [], RuntimeException
    +FullyQualifiedErrorId :Exception calling "UploadString" with "3" argument(s): "Unable to connect to the remote server"
At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:16615 char:17
+                 Get-ErrorDetail $ErrorMsg
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-ErrorDetail

$iloFIPS = Get-HPiLOFIPSStatus -DisableCertificateAuthentication -Password $Password -Server $iLOs[$i].IP -Username $UserName
Get-ErrorDetail : Error - 192.168.0.67 - server.fqdn - Retrieving information from iLO.
Exception calling "UploadString" with "3" argument(s): "Unable to connect to the remote server"
At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:13374 char:21
+                     throw $retobject.err
+                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    +FullyQualifiedErrorId :Exception calling "UploadString" with "3" argument(s): "Unable to connect to the remote server"
At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:13465 char:17
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-ErrorDetail

$iLOgbl = Get-HPiLOGlobalSetting -DisableCertificateAuthentication -Password $Password -Server $iLOs[$i].IP -Username $UserName
At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:13988 char:21
+                     throw $retobject.err
+                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:14084 char:17

However, when the scrfipt finishes, I can run the samed cmmands on the iLO's interactively and they work perfectly.  What am I missing or how can I fix this?  When I put sleep statements in between processing iLO's it will process more iLO's before getting this error.  Could really use some help or advice on this.

Thanks,

Phil

Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
2 REPLIES 2
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Also,  aftre I get these errors if I try to open the iLO Web Mnagement page it errors out and says page cnnot be displayed.

Phil

Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

The error message for the not working iLO's clearly says its the problem with the server connectivity. At that moment when cmdlet gets exeuted the network may not be accessible immediately or its slow.

I have one suggestion you can try to increase the session timeout of the cmdlets by executing below cmd and set the value higher than default (60000msecs which is equal to 60 seconds). You need to increase it to 120 seconds (you need to provide 120000) and see if that helps or increament it slowly to verify if your problem gets a solution.

Set-HPiLOSessionTimeOut -TimeOut 120000 -Verbose

If the above session timeout does not work and if iLO is still accessible after script execution then you might need to check your LAN network for more troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Gokul

HPE PowerShell Team

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo