1753452 Members
5673 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Updating firmware via usb on C3000 C7000 OA

p33tew
Occasional Advisor

Are you saying that you you can boot off the usb plugged into the OA? On your USB - you can view all the files which are within the ISO file.

I logged a case with HP and they advised that the SPP is too new for HP USB Key Utility and this does not work!!!

However copying the ISO to a usb and booting via the virtual dvd works. This method you cannot update the files on USB as my OA does not pick up the bootable USB stick.

Anyone use anything else apart from HP Usb Key Utility to get this to work.

OA ver 3.31

HP Usb Key Utility 1.60

USB 2GB drives.

thanks
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

As already said above, I successfully created an usb stick using the usb creator tool - see above.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Kevin Dole_1
Occasional Contributor

I am having this same issue.  Was it ever resolved satisfacterly?  I have a good tested bootable SPP 2012 USB stick inserted in the OA but cannot attach to the OA  because there is no ISO file on the stick.   If I copy the ISO file( which seems wrong because it is just a copy) to a seperate USB stick,  the OA can connect to it,  and assign it to a blade but when reseting the blade it doesn't boot ...and yes the bios is set to look at dvd  usb and all other media first.

Is there a document that details this process?

zeroagemain
Frequent Advisor

I'm having exactly the same issue for what it's worth...

Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Did you try setting the One Time Boot settign on the DVD page to CD-ROM?

zeroagemain
Frequent Advisor

We eventually realised as others seemed to have already in this thread and others that if you want to boot blades from an ISO attached via USB through the OA that you have to simply copy the ISO to the USB and NOT create it via the USB key utility as a bootable device.
zeroagemain
Frequent Advisor

...and after doing an across the board upgrade to OA fware 3.60 we have now found that it no longer works.

Adding a USB key containing an ISO to the OA USB slot does NOT result in the ISO being available to be mapped to blades when OA is 3.60.

We have further upgraded one of our test enclosures to 3.71 and it magically starts working again.

We have a call open with HP as there's nothing in the release notes about this, but from experience we're unlikely to get very far so also posting here in case others have the same issues. Very frustrating.

Regards,

Brett