1751781 Members
4046 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BL 460c Gen 8 The cache is temporarily disabled

anushkamg

BL 460c Gen 8 The cache is temporarily disabled

Hi All,

Could some one let me know how to flush the cache in the array controller p220i on HP proliant BL 460c Gen8 server

cache Disable Code as follows,

"Cache is temporarily disabled due to the configuration signature in the posted write memory not matching the one stored in the configuration data stored on the drives (0x0000)"

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

let me know if this one is still open or how it got resolved! If needed we can still check how to recover from this if still accurate. cheers, jeroen

(I am an HPE employee)
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

We checked and there are several reasons how this could happen. The most logical one is that power got removed while data was in cache and during the next power-on the server their harddrives got swapped or removed or new ones inserted. Normally you would see during POST a message like:

1795-Slot # Drive Array - Array Accelerator Configuration Error -   Data does not correspond to this drive array.  Array Accelerator is temporarily disabled.

F1 to continue with Array Accelerator disabled

F2 to erase data held in Array Accelerator

In this case you would select teh option to F2 erase the cache if the original HD's and their configuration are no longer within the server.

I hope this helps. Cheers, Jeroen

(I am an HPE employee)
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Anushkamg, where did you see this error message? Within IML or at POST? Or anywhere else? Did you saved at all the Gen8 Active health log during this issue? (www.hp.com/go/AHSlog) or how did you recover on the end? thanks, Jeroen
(I am an HPE employee)