1753613 Members
5653 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

BL460c Gen9 536FLB compatibility

SorenE
Occasional Contributor

BL460c Gen9 536FLB compatibility

We have a couple of c7000 enclosures with the “old” Virtual Connect Flex-10 455880-B21. I’m unable to determinate if the 536FLB is compatible or not.

It is only the newer Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D that’s specifically mentioned in the quickspecs but I wonder if it’s a mistake since all sort of legacy switches is listed.

Anyone with insight? Maybe an HP employed?

HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module for c-Class BladeSystem
HP FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module
HP Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D Module for BladeSystem c-Class
HP 6125G/XG Ethernet Blade Switch
HP 6125G Ethernet Blade Switch
HP 6120XG Blade Switch
HP 6120G/XG Blade Switch
HP 6215XLG Blade Switch
HP 1:10Gb Ethernet BL-c Switch
Cisco Catalyst 3120G Blade Switch for HP
Cisco Catalyst 3120X Blade Switch for HP
Cisco Catalyst 3020 Blade Switch
Cisco Fabric Extender B22HP for HP
HP GbE2c Layer 2/3 Ethernet Blade Switch
HP 10GbE Pass-Thru Module
HP 1GbE Pass Thru Module

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: BL460c Gen9 536FLB compatibility

Hi,

The Quickspecs of HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 536FLB Adapter has the following informatin:

Section > Standard Features

Product Features

•Full hardware offload of iSCSI and FCoE storage protocol processing for highest performance converged Ethernet data and storage networks.

•Dual-port 10GbE Flex-10 FlexibleLOM network adapter that provides the flexibility to choose the type of LOM to meet growing infrastructure needs

•Industry-leading throughput and latency performance

•Supports HP's Flex-10 blade interconnect technology

User configurable bandwidth settings when combined with the 10Gb Flex-10 Virtual Connect module. From 100Mb/s to10Gb/s on up to four "Physical Function" NICs per port, in increments of 100Mb/s for NIC. The combined bandwidth of NICs cannot exceed port bandwidth i.e. 10 Gb.

•Up to 40Gb/s bi-directional near line rate throughput

•Hardware acceleration and offloads for stateless TCP/IP

•Improved small packet performance

•Support for Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE)

•Integrated PHY and MAC

•Supports for SR-IOV

•Supports Network Partitioning

Based on the above product features, it may be concluded that HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module could work. However, HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module's QuickSpecs, do not mention support for Gen9 servers, so it does not appear to be a mistake! (This is my personal opinion and not that of HP's official position on this). It is possible that this was not tested on Gen9 servers and I am not able to guess why so. Accept my apologizes!!

However, you may put them on a test bed to check their funtionality, but when in case support is required for some reason and when HP Support is contacted, chances are that you will be informed of unsupported configuration and be asked to check for functionality of the HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 536FLB Adapter with a VC module in the supported list!!

Hope this provides some clarity.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

SorenE
Occasional Contributor

Re: BL460c Gen9 536FLB compatibility

We decided to buy Gen8.

We have not testet Gen9 though