Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL860c i2 PXE boot fails

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

BL860c i2 PXE boot fails

Stephen was having troubles get PXE boot to work on his new Integrity servers:

**********************************************************************************

I have just installed 2x BL860c i2 and believe I have carried out the necessary checks/steps for configuration. All firmware is at latest, as per iLO. This is in a C7000 with VC-Flex-10 and VC-FC 8Gb modules

I attempt to PXE boot over Core LAN port 1 (and 2), but end up with “PXE-E99: Unexpected network error”.

The PXE request is picked up by a deployment server and a menu is presented allowing selection of install from an Ignite server.  I have used this method successfully for non-i2 Blades.     Immediately after choosing the “HP-UX/Ignite” menu item from the console I get the above PXE error.

I updated the Ignite server to the latest version of Ignite, and I made the necessary changes to the PXE server  - uploading the revised boot files.  Non-i2 Blades are picking-up the later version of INSTALL files etc OK.

Have I missed anything to set/change on the BL860c-i2?   Or somewhere else?   (The configuration settings allow PXE boot from LOM 1 and 2, is there a minimum firmware version for LoMs?  How do I see the current version?)

***********************************************************************************************

Serge suggested:

********************************************************************************************

Another  validation can be done on the network area. Make sure that   the Ignite server and your Blade environment can access the native network. 

*********************************************************************************************

Are you using the new Integrity servers? Let us know if you are having PXE boot issues. Any other suggestions for Stephen?