1748027 Members
4277 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

CHECK hp smart storage administration Disk Health

GUILLEHC

CHECK hp smart storage administration Disk Health

Hi everyone,

I need some help about checking health status over HP smart storage disk array. I need something about how to check this health status of several HP BL460c (From G1 to G8), and also in HDD cabin SB40c. 

Does it exist any document for this matter ?

Thank you very much fot your help and time.

Regards

1 REPLY 1
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: CHECK hp smart storage administration Disk Health

You can do one of the following:

- Use either Array Configuration Utility or Smart Storage Administrator (depends on the generation of server).  You will get overall controller, volume and disk status for most configurations.

- Use the Insight Diagnostics tool from the OS and run the Diagnose feature which will give info on the hard drives as well.

For eoch of these tools they are typically installed if you used the Proliant support pack when installing the OS.  If not, you can install them seperately.  Find the download for the tools from HP's support site at www.hpe.com/support.  Click on Servers, Networking and Storage and then search for your server model.  From there you will find software downloads.

PS....if you dont have an OS you can still run these utiltiies from either a Smart Start boot image or from the Intelligent Provisioning feature (Gen8 and Gen9).

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!