BladeSystem - General
1748129 Members
3717 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLB Adapter before connecting it to a server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jey10
Occasional Advisor

Configure HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLB Adapter before connecting it to a server

Hi, that might be a stupid question but I f I wanna use this network card on my blade HP : HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLB Adapter, can I connect it and configure it alone ? Then plug it and so the disruption would be just a few seconds?

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
Jey10
Occasional Advisor

Re: Configure HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLB Adapter before connecting it to a server

Sorry my post is surely in the bad place, but I can't move it

peyrache
Respected Contributor

hello

what do you mean Blade is already plug in the Chassis ?

what is the interconnect

thanks

JY

Jey10
Occasional Advisor

I've a bl460c gen 8 chassis with 16 blades and a HP switch.

I want to replace the HP switch by a cisco B22 FEX, then put the card I said on the blades (the current cards are 1G, I don't remember the name).

So I want to know if I can configure the card before connecting it?

Maybe I 'm telling wrong things, tell me?

Thanks,

peyrache
Respected Contributor

what do you want to do  ?

this card  554FLB are CNA so enable to do ISCSI/FCOE protocols or only Ethernet lan protocol

you can set most of paramaters under bios of 554FLB hitting crtl+**bleep**f+E during startup

JY

Jey10
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for reply.

I know that this card has 2 physical port 10G that can handle up to 4 virtual cards on each physical port.

But I don't know how it's attached to the server. So my wish is to know, when I will have to replace the actual network card of the blades, can I configure the 554 adapter before attaching it to the server ? I mean, do I have to have a service disruption the time I configure the adapter on the server after replacing it, or can I have configured the adapter before, without being attached to a server, to attach it when it's configured?

Maybe I am still not clear.

Thanks in advance

peyrache
Respected Contributor
Solution

no you can do that, 554FLB need to be connected to the server in order to be configured

hope to be clear

JY

Jey10
Occasional Advisor

So I  "can't" (you said "can").

Ok thanks for the help

peyrache
Respected Contributor

sorry tor the typo

you can't do that