1751860 Members
5560 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Connecting c3000 DVD/CD drive to blade server

sapper
Visitor

Connecting c3000 DVD/CD drive to blade server

I have just started a new job and they are using a c3000 blade server enclosure. I have been trying to figure out how to connect the DVD/CD drive to the server in bay 2 but I cannot seem to get it to work. I have tried connecting it using the BladeSystem Onboard Administrator web interface but this has not worked. I even tried to telnet into the enclosure and while I was able to connect I have no idea what commands to run. Do I have to reboot the server after I make the connection in order for the drive to show up as a drive in Windows? This is my first time working with a blade so any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: Connecting c3000 DVD/CD drive to blade server

You do need to have the Enclosure Bay IP Addressing setup properly for this to work.  Look under Enclosure Settings menu tree from within the OA.

Another thing to check would be the OA firmware revision.  Anything below 3.x might be worth updating.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
sapper
Visitor

Under Enclosure Bay IP Addressing there are four out of eight bays with IPs assigned with only three of those being enabled. The three that are enabled are the bays that our servers are in. When I try to access these IPs through a web client it takes me to the ILO interface for that device. Unfortunately I do not have the correct ILO login information. Another issue I am seeing has to do with the graphical display of the enclosure in the OA. When I place my mouse over the bay where the CD/DVD drive is I see a "Media device Drive bay empty" pop up.

sapper
Visitor

And the current firmware version is 3.70.

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

> Unfortunately I do not have the correct ILO login information.

This is strange as you should be able to authenticate through the OA without having to provide login credentials for the iLO specifically.

> When I place my mouse over the bay where the CD/DVD drive is I see a "Media device Drive bay empty" pop up.

Is the drive empty?  If not, it may need to be reseated.  You can also try and reset the OA to gain proper operation.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!