108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Full and half height server mix in c7000

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Full and half height server mix in c7000

Ramu had a c7000 server question:

Hi

I'm aware that this issue was well discussed long time back, but I'm not able to find the mails on this. Need your help.

My customer wants to have 5* BL680G5 servers and 6* BL460G6 servers in a c7000 enclosure.

We ordered one coupler option kit (part # 412150-B21) with the enclosure and hence we are able to install 4* BL460G6 servers along with 5 full height servers.

But there is no coupler available for the last 2* BL460G6 servers. If we install these 2 servers without any coupler, then the bottom server has to be shutdown whenever we service the top server. Any help with this situation?

Derek answered:

The answer is no I'm afraid - the half height divider spans two full slots

The issue is described very clearly in quickspecs if you need more info on it - for the BL460 blades you will either need to leave slot empty in that enclosure for a future BL620  etc, and move the two BL460 blades to a new enclosure, OR leave the top half of what I describe as slot 5 empty, and move one of the BL460;s to another enclosure

Hope this helps.

Comments? Questions?

1 REPLY 1
bestinm
Advisor

Re: Full and half height server mix in c7000

Hi,

We are also in the same scenario, we are not able to put the 6th bl 460c g7, as we have got 5 bl 860c i2 servers already in place. Can we order

412150-B21  HP BLC SERVER BLANK W/COUPLER OPT and install the sixth server.

bestin