1752567 Members
5157 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP BL460C G7 server network configuration problem - Blade server newbee

David G Allan
Occasional Contributor

HP BL460C G7 server network configuration problem - Blade server newbee

I am trying to setup the above server and all seems well apart from the network ports.

The network adaptor/controller is an HP NC553i Dual Port FlexFabric 10GB Converged Network Adaptor. I have installed the operating system (Win2008 R2 Ent) using the latest SmartStart CD and installed the support pack including all drivers etc.

The server is installed in a C class blade chassis and all the installations went fine. I've checked the Onboard Admin for the chassis and the network ports have mapped across fine and all green. However when I connect the ports to my network Nothing!! no ip address given on DHCP, no led activity on the network ports and nor errors anywhere!

Am I missing something simple? The network adaptors look fine within the Network Connections window but in the network and sharing it pops up as an unknown network and also on DHCP it takes the old default address (169.blablabla..) which would suggest no network activity on the adaptor port. I can ping the local IP and also a static IP when set.

Do I need to enable something in the bios?

Any help greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Re: HP BL460C G7 server network configuration problem - Blade server newbee

Did you upgrade the firmware on the blade and its components to the latest rev before installing the OS?   Is this the first blade in the chassis?   Do you have other blades in the chassis that can see the DHCP server?   What errors are in the device manager in Windows 2008 R2 Ent?   Do you see the network controller?