BladeSystem - General
1752815 Members
6106 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Network Configuration Utility: The service control manager database is locked

Julie_R
Occasional Visitor

HP Network Configuration Utility: The service control manager database is locked

Had problems with a BL 460c G7, suspected hardware issue so patched with the HP-SPP from October 2016, just in case was a firmware/driver problem.

Initially the server restarted, and was back on the network just using a single configured NIC.  The HP Network Configuration utility however gave the following error "WARNING:  The version of the miniport driver for the following adapters are not compatibile with the HP Network Configuration Utility".  It listed that for the HP NC553i card that the drivers needed to be 2.102.517.0 < 10.7.245.3).

I have removed theteaming s/w, and the NIC's, restarted and eventually managed to get early version of the drivers loaded.

Since then the HP Network Configuration Utility now says when I start it "The service control manager database is locked. HP Network Configuration Utility cannot be launched".

I have seen some reports about this on the web but no solutions.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?