BladeSystem - General
1752800 Members
5948 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

How to update NC543i firmware on BL2x220 G7 blade?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

How to update NC543i firmware on BL2x220 G7 blade?

Lucinda has a customer question:

Hi all,

I have a customer who is using the Microsoft Deployment Tool Kit automation software to push OS images, and several large graphics packages, to new BL2x220 G7 servers.  This software used WinPE, I guess similar to Rapid Deployment Pack (RDP)/Insight Deployment .  And it won’t work with the NC543i embedded 10 Gb NIC in the BL2x220 G7.  It did work with the 1 Gb NIC 1 on the BL2x220, but that NIC is only 1 Gb and not Virutal Connect Flex-10 capable.  So we moved the customer’s 2 VC Flex-10 cards to interconnect bays 5 and 7 and they got their 10Gb thru-put and 4 Flex-NIC’s  that they need for production.  But they had only loaded operating systems on a few of their BL2x220’s and now they can’t get the OS loaded on the other’s.

There is an advisory that speaks to a similar issue with RDP and says that newer firmware for the NC543i might help.  I don’t know how to see what the firmware currently is on this embedded NIC.  And when I download the newer firmware, the installation instructions seem Greek to me (also attached). I am willing to go back to site to push firmware to one of the BL2x220 G7’s, if I could figure out how to do it.  Then we would know if firmware will make any difference.

Hoa had some advice:

Under Network Configuration Utility Icon (HP Icon on lower right hand Task Bar)  you can find Adapter Properties > Info tab > Slide down you can find associate NIC firmware version info.

NCU pic.jpg

Other comments or suggestions?