BladeSystem - General
1751961 Members
4762 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ISCSI client for Flex-10 530FLB adapter?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

ISCSI client for Flex-10 530FLB adapter?

Hello all,

we have strange situation in bl465c gen8 server with Flex-10 530FLB Adapter. This adapter has all drivers installed, latest firmware onboard and device manager of win2008r2 still shows unknown ISCSI client without driver installed. According our knowledge this adapter does not include any iSCSI features, so we really do not know where this comes from. Blade is attached to chassis with older cisco 3020 switches, not virtual connect installed. Please see screenshot in attachment. Does somebody have similar setup / NIC with the same behavior?

Thanks

Jan

P.S. Ths thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to HP BladeSystem Server Blades - HP Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES 8
Joaragon
Advisor

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, unfortunatelly as I wrote all drives and firmwares are up2date, see attachment...

Jan

Joaragon
Advisor

This looks easy to replicate then, give me a couple of days to grab a lab machine and try this out.

Joaragon
Advisor

I have a BL465c Gen8 on my lab with the 530 FLB card, the 04.13 SPP (service pack for proliant) was installed and everything looks fine so if you did install the april firmware (say yes even if it says you have the latest one) and have installed the latest SPP I would call in support for a defective device. 

OS = Win2k8 R2 

Joaragon
Advisor

Sorry I meant defective device...
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,

pretty interesting. Meanwhile I've raised support call to replace the card, result is the same with new card. Seems to be OS related, I think of fresh install with SPP you mentioned (or as fist step only SPP). Driver and firmware was used latest available.

Do you see any iscsi devices in your system? (it is not clear from your screenhot)

Jan

Joaragon
Advisor

No, my only storage device is the embedded Smart Array.

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi all,

brand new firmware from Sep 10th 2013, version 4.0.0.22, solved all my problems, iscsi devices disaperaed..

Jan