BladeSystem - General
1752777 Members
6078 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Issue installing BIOS update for BL465c G6 - version 2011.05.02 (A13)

Dan Gough
Occasional Advisor

Issue installing BIOS update for BL465c G6 - version 2011.05.02 (A13)

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help us here.

So far we've tried to run the BIOS update using the Version Control agent (cp015199.exe - this timed out and failed after 15 minutes) and the Windows x64 version of the exe file directly on the server (cp015204.exe - this hung and at the same time stopped the iLO from responding!) we've tried it on two identical blades.

We are running Windows 2008 R2 STD Core edition, perhaps I've missed something but both accounts have full administrative access.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan

1 REPLY 1
Dan Gough
Occasional Advisor

Re: Issue installing BIOS update for BL465c G6 - version 2011.05.02 (A13)

So after speaking with HP support and testing the previous revision of the BIOS firmware update it seems the files do not support Windows 2008 R2 Std Core editions and the only way is to perform an offline update...my issue here is that the servers are in a data centre and I need to perform this work via iLO, does anyone have a method of creating a custom Firmware Maintenance DVD or similar so that I can perform this successfully? Only my previous attempts at this have failed! Also I've not had any luck using a virtual USB key as this was another suggestion.

Many thanks in advance

Dan