BladeSystem - General
1752664 Members
5670 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Move BL460c G6 from C7000 w/ VC Flex-10 to new chassis w/ Flexfabric?

SOLVED
Go to solution
EdgarZamora
Trusted Contributor

Move BL460c G6 from C7000 w/ VC Flex-10 to new chassis w/ Flexfabric?

I'm hoping this is a simple question.  I have an old (and full) C7000 chassis filled with BL460c G6 (and some G7) blades and VC Flex-10 Enet modules in  Interconnect Bays 1 and 2.  I would like to move some of these blades to a new and almost empty C7000 chassis that has VC Flexfabric 10Gb/24port modules in Interconnect bays 1 and 2.  Is this possible or are there compatibility issues.  (Ethernet only, no FC).  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Move BL460c G6 from C7000 w/ VC Flex-10 to new chassis w/ Flexfabric?

The only compatability issues I would worry about is with the firmware.  If your old C7000 has old OA firmware and the newer one has, well, new firmware, then you may have an issue with the firmware on the blade server iLO's.  I would be concerned if your existing OA is at firmware lower than 3.6x.

Of course you may not have a problem at all, but after moving them I would suggest getting the firmware (BIOS, iLO and Smart Array controllers) up to date before putting them into production.

I dont believe you will have an issue from using the Flex-10 NICs with the FlexFabric VC modules.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!