6233 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

NGIS port mapping in c7000 chassis

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

NGIS port mapping in c7000 chassis

With the announcement of the latest Integrity blades came questions:

*****************************************************************************************************************

Ques: Can any one forward port mapping details in c7000 enclosure for NGIS please?.

Answer from Monty:

Each of the new Integrity i2 blades have port mapping of each of the individual blades identical to a single full-height server.

These blades required OA v3.00, but the OA v3.00 User Guide could not document the new blades as they were not yet announced. 

The Integrity BL860c i2 has port mapping identical to the original Integrity BL860c, with the addition of a single blade "Scalable Blade Link".

The Integrity BL870c i2 includes two blades with a dual blade "Scalable Blade Link".  The port mapping for this server includes all the ports in both blades.

The Integrity BL890c i2 includes four blades with a quad blade "Scalable Blade Link". The port mapping for this server includes all the ports in all four blades.

The OA GUI will have a couple of 'tweaks' to support conjoined server blades:

1.  The OA tree view will show the range of device bays for the conjoined server blades

2.  The OA tree view will indent all the individual device bay info for the conjoined blades below the iLO of the first conjoined blade

Each of the individual device bays will be titled “Monarch” or “Auxiliary” and will have “Port Mapping” for that particular blade 

Each of the new Integrity i2 blades have port mapping of each of the individual blades identical to a single full-height server.

***********************************************************************************************************

Interested in the new Integrity blades? Share with the community.

1 REPLY 1
Richard Klimitchek
Regular Visitor

Re: NGIS port mapping in c7000 chassis

Where can I find a diagram of the BL870C port mapping?