BladeSystem - General
1747997 Members
4343 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Newest Firmware Update to Address the Potential Issue on Severs Running Hypervisors (c03898077)

David Claussen
Regular Advisor

Newest Firmware Update to Address the Potential Issue on Severs Running Hypervisors (c03898077)

When will this new firmware be added as a supplement to SPP 2013.02.0B?

At this time, after two days of trying pretty much everything including what was suggested by HP's chat support rep, I have to take a USB drive with the firmware INSTALLED on it and a dongle (SUV) cable to EACH blade. Then insert the dongle, reboot you know the rest.

We should be able to push this out via HPSUM. I even had an HPSUM session check for updates from the HP FTP site - nothing.

Come on guys - the shear difficulty of getting these frequent updates on servers is getting out of hand.

2 REPLIES 2
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Re: Newest Firmware Update to Address the Potential Issue on Severs Running Hypervisors (c03898077)

Have you tried to add a local repository in SUM?  If that doens't work and you have the SCEXE file you can use WinISO or something like that to inject the update into the ISO.

To be honest not that long ago I uttered a similar curse until I realized just how many updates are in the ISO and how many more HP releases and how it would be an endless process to update the ISO with these out of band updates.  I think we have to cut HP some slack here.

Casper42
Respected Contributor

Re: Newest Firmware Update to Address the Potential Issue on Severs Running Hypervisors (c03898077)

New SPP expected in Sept.
Hopefully it will have this in there for you.