3633 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Qlogic FC version in HP VMware Recipe 2/2014

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Qlogic FC version in HP VMware Recipe 2/2014

Rahman had a customer question regarding driver versions:

My customer wants to know why the HP VMware custom image from Feb 2014 does not have the latest version of the Qlogic FC HBA driver version for ESXi 5.5. They are being told by VMware to install version 1.1.20 and they used the HP custom image downloaded which has version 1.1.12.

I checked the latest Feb 2014 HP VMWare Recipe and it confirms that this is the version listed ESXi 5.5 qlnativefc 1.1.12.

Is this because of the release date of Qlogic HBA version 1.1.20 was not available and not tested for Feb 2014 recommendation of HP Custom image?

Reply from Adaora:

The Feb 2014 HP VMware Recipe contains the latest version of firmware available to make the Feb 2014 custom image schedule that HP planned to support and which was tested.  Note that HP does not support every driver version posted on the VMware page and the custom image does not roll every time there is an updated device driver.  New custom images are released for new Server and VMware releases.  I can find out what version of the driver will be included in the next roll of the custom image for the upcoming 5.5 U1 release.

Comments?