BladeSystem - General
1753301 Members
7050 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Server power loss caused by: voltage regulator. Attempt to restore server power in 8 seconds.

Jeremygb
Occasional Contributor

Server power loss caused by: voltage regulator. Attempt to restore server power in 8 seconds.

I have a BL460c G7 blade that turned itself off and this message was in the iLo log. There wasn't any error in the IML. Our platform engineer did a virtual reseat and the blade powered on normally. Dynamic power is not enabled on the chassis and the blade is set to HP Static High Performance Mode.

Firmware levels;

OA - 3.32

System ROM - I27 05/05/2011

iLo3 - 1.26 Aug 26 2011

Power Management Contoller - 1.6

Any thoughts as to why this happened?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Re: Server power loss caused by: voltage regulator. Attempt to restore server power in 8 seconds.

It seems that there was maybe a glitch on the powerline of the Voltage regulator; I would suggest to update your ROMBIOS version to 2012.12.03 (4 Jan 2013) and then if this happens again have this reported back to hp support for further investigation. Cheers, Jeroen

(I am an HPE employee)
b331
Occasional Visitor

Re: Server power loss caused by: voltage regulator. Attempt to restore server power in 8 seconds.

Hi there,

were you able to resolve this? please share the resolution..thanks 

qxmips

if firmware update doesn't solve  your problem then contact hp support