BladeSystem - General
1751854 Members
5831 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to connect to iLO3 Remote Console, but can SSH (after changing out mezz card)

SOLVED
Go to solution
SEddy
Advisor

Unable to connect to iLO3 Remote Console, but can SSH (after changing out mezz card)

Greetings,

I swapped out an HP NC382m Dual Port 1Gbe mezz card for an HP325m Quad Port 1Gbe card. Since then I have not been able to connect to the Remote Console. I can SSH to it, but I can't get to the KVM. I tried resetting iLO from SSH, but that didn't seem to have any impact on it. I haven't tried changing firmware yet. Below is a the list of hardware / firmware:

C7000 enclosure

BL460c G7

iLO3 - 1.20

Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20
handi678

Re: Unable to connect to iLO3 Remote Console, but can SSH (after changing out mezz card)

Could try upgrading ilo to newest version, If im not mistaken that is 1.80

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Using IE11? Then it could be a browser problem, upgrading ILO could help.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
SEddy
Advisor

Resetting iLO via RBSU did not fix it. I'll try and update iLO to 1.80.

SEddy
Advisor

Having a heck of a time getting ilo to update. I tried updating it via SSH using:

cd map1

cd firmware1

load -source http:///myserver/ilo3_180.bin

but it fails with:

"Could not successfully connect to host."

but if I ping it with:

oemhp_ping <my ip>

it comes back successful. If I try using IE to downloadload the bin file from my webserver, it finds it and downloads. There are no firewalls involved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Posting the same problem in different threads is really confusing ... :-(

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/bladescategory01/message-id/1742

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/iLO-3-Web-Interface-not-working/m-p/6683439#M146140

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

SEddy
Advisor

Ya sorry, I didn't see the post previously and got excited hoping the author of the thread has a resolution I could use. I normally wouldn't do that, just anxious to get this resolved.

SEddy
Advisor

Torsten,

Since I "hi-jacked" the other thread and confused you, i'll keep my posts on this one so i don't upset anyone else.

"Since you hijacked this thread you don't have a Proliant DL380 G7 server running VMWare v5.0u3, right?

What is your hardware and ILO version?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten."

Correct, we're running a BL460c G7, ESXi 4.1 and ILO 3 1.20 

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>>  Unable to connect to iLO3 Remote Console,

So you can open the ILO page in the browser, but not the remote console?

Try

1.https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c03480457

as a workaround.

IE11 has problems with older ILO versions, so update to 1.80 or even try an other browser.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

SEddy
Advisor

It's more than just the remote console. I can't access the webinterface either. The only way I can communicate with iLO 3 right now is either via SSH, RBSU or just recently i've learned, SUM. I've tried using SUM to update firmware, but it's coming back with the same errors I got when I tried updating it manually using SSH. I'm starting to think the iLO on this blade is somewhat cooked...