BladeSystem - General
1748268 Members
3698 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to connect to iLO3 Remote Console, but can SSH (after changing out mezz card)

SOLVED
Go to solution
SEddy
Advisor

Re: Unable to connect to iLO3 Remote Console, but can SSH (after changing out mezz card)

That got me on the console. Thanks a ton! Still need to figure out why I can't update iLO, but atleast I can continue with the project.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Have you tried updating iLO through the OA?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
SEddy
Advisor

Where is the option to update it on the OA? If I go to the blade > ilo > Web Administration, thats where it comes up "This page can't be displayed" ... is there another option elsewhere to update it?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

It could be a problem with the browser still (proxy, security, etc). Try a different browser, did you?

>> Where is the option to update it on the OA?

EFM - enclosure firmware management in left column.

Or connect an SPP USB stick at the front of the blade and let the blade boot - or (if an OS is installed) use the online update tool for the OS.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You need to SSH into the OA and use the CLI

Syntax:

> UPDATE ILO {ALL | <bay number>[{ , | - } <bay number>]} <url>

Example:

> UPDATE ILO ALL http://webserver/ilo.bin
> UPDATE ILO 4 ftp://ftpserver/ilo.bin

SEddy
Advisor

You got it Torsten. It's a browser issue. Never thought to try it in Chrome (or something else). iLO 3 is working fine on Chrome. Our OA firmware is at 3.30 .. I don'e see the EFM option. If I look under Active OA there is an option there for firmware update, but i'm assuming that is specifically for OA.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Some things will work fine in Chrome. The .net integrated remote console app won't launch from chrome unless you fiddle with trying to get an extension for .net to work. 

a workaround is using standalone remote console client, or dig through your browsers cache and find the irc.exe file.  

I keep a ton of shortcuts setup in a folder using the standalone app as you can feed the IP, username, and password on the command line.

SEddy
Advisor

I was finally able to update iLO 3 to 1.80. Now it works fine in IE again. Thanks to both of you!!! :) To clarify for anyone hunting in the future:

1.) I used Chrome to navigate to the iLO 3 web interface (something other than IE11 would probably work)

2.) Updated iLO 3 firmware to 1.80 using the web interface

3.) After the reset I was able to confirm iLO 3 1.80 version in OA and connect to the web interface.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

IE11?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
shawn eddy
Occasional Contributor

Yup. IE11.