5779 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: blad

godfather-1
Advisor

blad

Hi All

i have 2 BL870c I4 and c3000. i  configuration system npartition Mode AA(one 2-blade system) when power system on i see this error : POWER_FAIL_IMPROPER_SBL .

i check all parameter such as firmware and frequency cpu and install exact ram but not on.

please help.

takns.

5 REPLIES 5
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

There are two versions of the 2-blade Scalable Blade Link (SBL): you must use one version when the first blade of the 2-blade system is in an Odd-numbered slot, and another when the first blade of the 2-blade system is in an Even-numbered slot. I understand this is because the slots in the chassis backplane are "paired" in a certain way, and the SBL acts as a supplement to the backplane connections.

Are you sure you're using the correct type of SBL for your configuration?

MK
godfather-1
Advisor

Hi

How do I find the  version of SBL.

godfather-1
Advisor

Hi

I have purchase 4 870c i4 and another c3000.how to arrange 4 bl870c i4  in the c3000 until on all server.

please send my document or guide my again.

tanks for regard.

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Please read pages 13-15 in the BL870c i4 Installation Guide:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03598184/c03598184.pdf

It describes the different SBL (= Blade Link) types and other installation requirements.

The part number of the SBL identifies the SBL type. It is located on the SBL circuit board.

If you have 4x BL870c i4 in a c3000, those will completely fill the c3000. So there's only one way to install them. If you want to join them into 2x 2-blade servers, then you need 2 SBLs of type BL2.

In a c3000, a SBL of type BL3 can only be used to join the blades in slots 2 and 3 together. In that configuration, the blades in slots 1 and 4 must be separate - there is no way to join them together.

Trying to use a SBL of type BL3 with slots 1&2 or 3&4 is not right and may cause damage.

MK
godfather-1
Advisor

Hi

tanks for useful help.

my sbl is: BL2ES

but this document not any explanation.