Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
HPE BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp-ux time vs blade enclosure time -- how to check verify.

rveri-admin
Frequent Advisor

hp-ux time vs blade enclosure time -- how to check verify.

Hi Experts,

Server                 : HP-UX 11.31  BL890C

Blade Enclosure: BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure G2

On the server hp-ux side I can see the times in syslog,   and  the same I would like to see the enclosure syslog timings occuring on the blade : BL890C C7000 enclosure.

I am having feeling the time shows by syslog on  Enclosure has a different time, and may not be in EST time zone,

On the server side I see right now:

Wed Jan  8 13:12:17 EST 2014

How to verify the enclosure time: So that to diagnose error and alert times,

Thanks,..

P.S. This thread has been moevd from HP-UX > System Administration to HP BladeSystem Server Blades. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES
rveri-admin
Frequent Advisor

Re: hp-ux time vs blade enclosure time -- how to check verify.

I have seen a time stamp of some failure on the enclosure side , how to know if it is UTC/GMT or EST timezone. 

Jan 8 02:21:07 OA: PS Subsystem Overload - FAILED. Allocated Power: 6400W DC, Present Power: 3716W AC.
Jan 8 02:21:07 OA: PS Subsystem N + N Redundancy - FAILED. Allocated Power: 6400W DC, Present Power: 3716W AC.

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: hp-ux time vs blade enclosure time -- how to check verify.

Access the OA and view Enclosure Settings and then select Date and Time.  Or, from the OA CLI run the command 'show date'.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!